Wednesday, 11 May 2011

I Had To Buy Ugly Trainers

In London, people run. They run to work, they run on their lunch breaks, they run home, they run at the weekends, day and night they run. Its mental. I myself am a natural cyclist, being brought up in the Shire (Oxford) it is simply the best and only way to get to where you need to go. But I am petrified of cycling in the capital, I've seen too many close calls to be able to condone cycling as a viable transport option. So in order to fulfill my exercise quota I decided to give this running lark a go.
A key part of being able to run is owning a pair of  Trainers (Sneakers / Runners etc.) I'm fairly obsessed with trainers, although my collection isn't very running friendly and goes along the lines of:





Now, not wanting to invest in some super expensive running trainers (just in case I get bored after one run) I went to my trusty local sports shop - the ones that always have sales on - and bought a pair of good quality, (non limited edition) running trainers - can someone explain to me why running trainers have to be so UGLY?!   


It was one of the hardest things I've had to do for a while, but these were the best of a bad lot.


My running soundtrack is a little bit of this and that


J x

6 comments:

  1. i dont even wnat to remember mine..ahahahha
    thank you dear for following us..we are following you back!:))
    Modelicioubites
    http://modeliciousbites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your blog! Follow me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you guys- I really appreciate your support in my trainer dilemma!! ;) J x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have great clunky grey sneakers! They weigh a ton! It is definitely hard to get good ones, eh?

    x
    www.lostinthehaze.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you for taking up running!! Maybe I'll start too! Motivation

    Shasie
    Live Life in Style

    ReplyDelete
  6. :( They are all so space-y. I did the Bristol 10K and was pretty disappointed at the choice. White, silver and blue, or white silver and red, or white silver and pink. I don't wear white or silver D:
    Now I have problems with the arches of my feet, so I have to wear sensible shoes with lots of arch support for my high arches whenever I want to walk a little. So most of the time really. That means the space trainers are out more than I want :(

    ReplyDelete