Monday, 25 July 2011

Painting the Picture








The immanence of my best friend's wedding threw up many questions which I previously hadn't even considered.  Being a bridesmaid, I thought the what to wear question was covered, but no, I still, the night before I left, had to rely on my hero J to lend me shoes and do my hair!   Then the gift. Although wedding lists are all very well, said friend had mentioned a while ago how she would love to own a piece of art by myself.  Ah - the pressure!  

So, I had to get out all my paints etc, sit myself down and make myself produce a finished piece of wall worthy art, something I haven't done for a long while!  But the discipline paid off, and I was able to give my wonderful friend a unique gift she can treasure.

It's a lesson I have to learn over and over, it really is worth spending time doing the things you love - the result is so satisfying.

Ax

4 comments: