Monday, 3 October 2011

Better than any Kindle

I am reading the best book in the world right now.... The Children of the New Forest. Its a bit of an oldy... written in 1847, and the language is nothing short of hilarious at points but it is essentially like a hug in a book. The best part of it is, the copy was a gift to my mother in 1966 and is one of the most beautiful things I've seen in such a long time.












Complete with a Saint Mass card for a book mark, I can't help but pity the other commuters with their Kindles & iPads. In my humble opinion you just can't beat a good old fashioned bound book.


I urge you keep your book dream alive and take a wonder down to your nearest second hand book shop to see what treasure you can find.


J x

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you, I could never read with an Ipad. I love books too much!!

    http://lovelyprettyworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. True that! There's a contest on my blog, too! Take a look? ENTER? :) Hope all is well!

    xoxx Monica

    ReplyDelete