Wednesday, 16 November 2011

Nevermind Jamie, A's Italian

Cooking has long been a bit of a sore point for me.  Having the best cook in the world for a Mother and a Sister who is cut from the same cloth, I felt left out.  Why was it I had missed out on this gifting?  However, over the last couple of years, I have discovered a joy in cooking I never would've imagined.  And, lo and behold, not a small aptitude for it too!  Maybe I was just a late bloomer?
Anyway, that was all to contextualise how great an achievement it is for me to not only use a cooking book but also to successfully cook a calzone! So, thanks to the wonderful Jamie Oliver, you lovely blog readers are able to witness my calzone experiment.  (Although, sadly, not able to taste it.  Maybe one day we'll have scratch and taste internet browsers?)

If you'd like to try Jamie's super tasty recipe, follow this link.
Be warned though, it does involve sieving tomatoes and rolling pastry til your arms are sore!
A x

No comments:

Post a Comment