Thursday, 26 January 2012

ALDO Rise arrives at Selfridges

So, I've been meaning to check out the latest ALDO Rise collection since it launched at Selfridges on Friday.  Check out the video on the Selfridges website here.  I eventually dragged myself up all of two escalators to the beautiful Shoe Lounges and was rewarded for my efforts with some super cool shoes.  
I must confess, I'd not heard of ALDO Rise up until recently, but it seems pretty cool.  I shall let them explain in their own words.  


'Through RISE, ALDO supports, promotes and celebrates daring talent in the fashion community.
Collaborating RISE designers work intimately with ALDO to turn their visions into reality – whether it’s behind-the- scenes to help produce and promote their fashion show or designing the perfect set of heels to strut a runway look.
RISE gives designers a leg up through a network of footwear expertise, providing collaborative access to its team of the industry’s leading footwear designers, market mentors and fervent ALDO fans worldwide'

















// Photos from Selfridges and the ALDO Rise Zine Issue 2 // Photos 1-2 Preen // photos 3-10 J W Anderson // photo 11 Libertine // photos 12-16 Fast by Mark Fast //

My personal favourites are the beautiful pastel shade heels from Fast by Mark Fast.  Near perfection in a shoe.  And although I wasn't much taken with the Preen prints, the cut away detail on the heel is sublime.

The concept underlying these collaborations is great and the product is really strong.  I might have to go back and try a few pairs on!  I'd get yourself to Selfridges as fast as your little feet can carry you, if I were you.  Having not been a fan of Aldo before, I will give the brand a second glance from now on.

A x

8 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the shoes, they always tend to make the best sandals. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, maybe I'll have to pop by an Aldo shop for summer then? Thanks for the comment. Keep reading ^_^ Ax

      Delete
  2. I don't really like Aldo's shoes much but I have to say they are super stylish =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh so many lovelies!

    http://forallthatjas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Hi all, thanks for visiting. It makes me all warm and fuzzy every time someone leaves a comment :) I'm just off to look at your blogs now.... Ax

      Delete
  5. The Aldo Rise thing is pretty cool! This is the first I've heard of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, it's nice, eh? Thanks for visiting. Ax

      Delete