Monday, 9 January 2012

I Blame the Crackle: Ombre Nails

Ombre Nails - I found the photos online and I took on the challenge of trying to create them myself. I have to say I have never had so many compliments on my nails. Ever.










Step 1: Paint half your nails in a pale shade - from the tip to halfway up your nail. If it is thin nail varnish, you may want to do 2 coats.
Step 2: Once the first coat is dry add a blob of contrast colour at the base of the nail next to the cuticle.


Step 3: While it is still wet, use a clear topcoat varnish and sweep from the base of the nail to the tip, this should spread the blob of contrast varnish up the nail in a fade effect.






Step 4: Once the nails are dry you may want to top up the contrast colour at the base of the nail next to the cuticle as it tends to get thinner during the process.






Step 5: Finish with a Top Coat!






J x

2 comments:

  1. Amazing! I love all things ombre and it looks so good on nails!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks :) we're going a bit nail art crazy over here! Ax

    ReplyDelete