Sunday, 29 January 2012

Vogue's 10 Key Pieces for Spring // Part 1


Flicking through the beautiful February issue of Vogue the other day, I came across this concise guide to Spring 2012's key pieces.  
I must say, they elicited a variety of responses from me, ranging from infantile excitement to a world weary dread.  

Here's a run down from 1 - 5.

1. Pale Denim
Having for years, being convinced I couldn't wear pale denim, due to it undoubtedly washing out my olive toned skin, I decided to give it a go.  So, I bravely stepped out in an 80's vibe pale denim jacket borrowed from my wonderfully pale skinned sister.  Result?  Love at first wear.  I've worn it several times this week, and am not sure I'll ever be able to give it back to her.



2. Utility Anorak
Funnily enough I found a jacket very similar to this whilst sorting the loft over the Christmas break.  I loved that jacket about 5 years ago and wondered whether I could rock it again.  And you know what?  I think all it needs is a bit of jushing/juzzing/schozzing (sp?) up and it'll be right on trend again.  Oh, the blessings of hoarding!



3. Peplum Jacket
This one, I'm not so sure about.  It's a bit structured for my liking, and I'm not sure it would do wonders for my hip to shoulder ratio, that already being quite dramatic without any kind of peplum encouragement.  I think I'll leave this one and consider myself lucky for not being in love with every single trend going.



4. Visor Shades
Oh my goodness, I can't tell you how excited I am about this one!  Since having my hair cut short, I've discovered I can rock things I never could before.  These are mostly the boyish/ sporty styles and cuts that I dreamed of wearing but never seemed to look quite right.  Oh, how things have changed, I can go shopping and buy a whole new array of things, starting with these Dior shades.  Or maybe a budget version from M&S.



5. Summer Leather
This one is beautiful, and I will happily tell anyone who cares to listen to go out and buy into this.  It is sophisticated, simple and will work with so much that is already residing in your wardrobe.  However, I will not be wearing summer leather.  I am a hopeless fidget and until I grow up and behave like a lady, will have to stick to jersey and other such flexible fabrics.

Thanks to British Vogue for the pictures.


Check out the blog next Sunday for Vogue's 10 Key Pieces for Spring // Part 2.  I know, you didn't think it could get any better.


A x

No comments:

Post a Comment