Sunday, 5 February 2012

Vogue's 10 Key Pieces for Spring // Part 2


So, the post you've all been waiting for, part two of my run down of Spring's Key Pieces.  Here it is, 6 through 10.  Hold tight!

6. Mules
I cannot believe these are back on trend.   These shoes upset me more than they should, I know I am being unreasonable, but I seriously dislike them.  Only the other day I was watching that classic J-Lo film, The Wedding Planner and declaring how  much I hated mules, when what do they do but show up in this very issue of Vogue.  I am not happy.  And no, I will not be changing my mind.  



7. Two-tone Trousers
There's not much to say about these.  They are quite simply, lovely.  I think you'd be hard pressed to find someone who doesn't like these, and they seem to be so versatile.  I will be scouring the shops for the pair that suits me best.



8. Reinvented Slip Dress
There are many aspects of 90's fashion that make me feel all gooey and sentimental, namely, ripped jeans, grungy rock T-shirts and oversize check shirts.  But, however 'reinvented' this slip dress is, the 90's can keep it.  It takes me back to the questionable fashion of otherwise great films such as 10 Things I Hate About You, you know, Sketchers, mini Prada backpacks, spaghetti strap tops, oh dear.  



9.  Mesh Totes
I am jumping on this bandwagon immediately.  I have two H&M basket style bags from yonks ago, and am thrilled to be able to get them out again and strut around knowing my bag is both on trend and completely impractical.  



10. PJ Shirt
Sir Paul Smith, we salute you.  For allowing us to leave the house in our pyjamas.  What could be better?  Along with other designers, notably, Jonathan Saunders, Sir Paul says it's OK to wear your nightwear as daywear.  But only if it's silk, girls, no mismatched penguin bottoms / High School Musical top combos please.



All in all, I am really looking forward to the new season.  Christmas seems a long time ago and I am ready to get right on with spring/ summer.

So, that's me.  What about you?  What do we all think of Spring's key pieces?


A x


7 comments:

  1. Mules are the worst! They look terrible. On everybody. All the time. I know nothing about fashion really but I am yet to see anyone change my mind about this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm with you on this one Chloe. A x

      Delete
  2. I totally agree with you on the mules- I HATE this look (but my feet are huge so they do me no justice) ;)

    XO
    www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! ;) I'm not really into the PJ shirt...
    blackfashionbird.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate mules! I only own one pair and i am not even wearing them!
    Come to visit my blog and if you like let's follow each other on Bloglovin and GFC!
    http://dontcallmefashionblogger.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, thanks for all the comments. Not many people are loving the mules - anyone want to defend them....?

    Keep reading and commenting, I love hearing your views.

    A x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have search like this mesh totes!!!
    Amazing!
    My favorite movie is "Le Nuits de la pleine lune".
    PASALE OGIER had the bag on the movie.

    Thank you for your lovely comments!
    I followed you now!

    akiko in Tokyo
    http://kimonosnack.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete