Thursday, 16 February 2012

'An eye for fashion' Norman Parkinson Photographs

So for my birthday weekend I headed back to good old Bristol to spend a bit of quality time with the family. And it would be simply rude not to pay the M Shed a visit. So on the 4th Feb off we trotted to one of the best exhibitions I've seen in a while. 'An Eye For Fashion'.



Bristol was even kind enough to provide a sprinkling of snow just in time for my b'day!


The exhibition focuses on the fashion trends of the 50's and 60's, looking at the most original of mini skirts and graphic prints, by showing over 60 rare and original vintage prints. British photographer; Norman Parkinson, presents us with 'moving images' with a still camera, by capturing the energy of the woman and representing the constant progression of fashion. 








So I strongly suggest that if you're in the Bristol vicinity, that you make sure you don't miss out, it's a treat for all. 


E x

No comments:

Post a Comment