Tuesday, 21 February 2012

Pancakes, USA Style

I don't know about you, but I love pancake day.  I think, and I suspect I am not alone here, that there should be a more regular occurrence of pancake day.  Thinking about this particular pancake day, I wondered if I ought try something new, broaden my horizons, as they say.  Leafing through some cookery booked, I settled on Jamie's USA style pancakes.  

Here's what happened next....








If you want to try your own USA style pancakes, here's the recipe, it's super-simple.

115g plain flour; 140 ml milk, 1 heaped tsp baking powder, 3 large eggs, and blueberries/ chocolate/ whatever you want for the topping...

Separate the eggs, then add the four, milk and baking powder to the yolks and mix up. Then whisk the whites until the form little mountains and fold that into the mixture.

Pop a dollop into a pan with some oil, then drop on your topping.  When the underneath is cooked, flip over, topping and all.

Take out of the pan, pop the pancake onto a pretty plate and enjoy!


A x

P.S. It's not burnt, it's the melted chocolate!

3 comments:

  1. i love pancake
    http://sazistopsecret.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are amazing!! And I love how vivid the pictures are. BTW, I have been to Warsaw once for work (a few years ago). Beautiful city- wish I could visit again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmm looks yummy!!

    http://lovelyprettyworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete