Thursday, 23 February 2012

Working Girl >> London Fashion Week

I am very privileged to have a front row access to one of the world’s biggest fashion houses and the most exciting time to have that luxury is during fashion week. This week has been no exception, the office has been a flurry of excitement in wake of the Burberry Prorsum AW12 show that was held on Monday and this is why:


I have previously waxed lyrical about how talented Christopher Bailey is, so excuse me if I do it again (I’m not actually that sorry about it, at all). The creativity of the show is breath taking a true mix of British heritage craftsmanship, digital technology and a quirky sense of humour that the majority of other large fashion houses tend to overlook.
In short, if you can’t find me, I’ll be meandering around the showroom in awe of all the beauty.

I am very lucky to have the opportunity to work for Burberry and I honestly can say [hand on heart] I love my job. And I know for a fact, that is a huge rarity. Alas, it does not come without its stresses and strains- my battle with The Wardrobe every morning to pick out the perfect outfit means I have to wake up a good half an hour earlier than I (or any human) should.
This is one of my attempts to a) look like a human and b) present myself as a well-rounded, together, sensible employee.
Unfortunately this was also the day I was going back to the Shire for the weekend after work, please note that I would not recommend this type of outfit for travelling, especially during London rush hour whilst carrying a very heavy bag.

J x

Top + Necklace - M&S // Skirt - Asos.com // Boots - Burberry

1 comment:

  1. Wow, it must have been awesome!

    http://lovelyprettyworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete