Tuesday, 15 May 2012

A Tourist for the Day

I know very well that I am lucky to live in one of the most exciting cities in the world, packed full of things to do and see.  But you know how it is, when's it on your doorstep, you just don't seem to access it.  So, what better excuse to explore of these things than one of my London virgin friends coming to visit?  

We had but a little time in this fair city, but we made the most of it!  We saw the V&A - and got a sneaky peek at the Ballgowns exhibition just about to open there - I mean going to go back and see that properly.  We ate delicious food at a noodle bar, we trod the length of Portabello Road, mesmerised by so many interesting, beautiful and weird things, that I forgot to take photographs!  

We had such a charming day I wanted to share the photos that I did remember to take...







One of the fun fabric covered pillars in the V&A foyer // the gorgeous entrance to the V&A // me posing in a phone box like I'm Superman or something // charming little signs in Portabello //

I don't know about you, but I love stumbling upon new little shops that I've not heard of and discovering absolute gems.  This time, I found Appletree Boutique, who coincidentally have just launched their online boutique.  These are some of my favourites....




Tell me about your favourite tourist spots in your home town....

A x

No comments:

Post a Comment