Sunday, 27 May 2012

A Very English Tea Party

Not too long ago my best friend got married and being the maid of honour (+1) I was put in charge of organising all things hen party. I must confess, I was pretty excited thinking of all the things we could do, imagine fancy dress, massive rave, etc etc.  But, it turns out my best friend is a lot more of a grown up than I am, and maybe a tad more quirky.  She wanted a tea party.  

If I’m going to do something, I am not going to do it by half.  So, between myself and the bride to be’s sister-in-law, we organised the most perfect English tea party we could imagine.  Cue home-made bunting (yes, just one of my hidden talents), a myriad of cakes and tarts, quiche, strawberries, dandelion and burdock, triangular cucumber sandwiches, fancy china wear, and not one, but four different types of tea!





Anyone else got any hen party stories?

A x

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, the tea party looks absolutely amazing! It reminds me of something from Alice In Wonderland simply because it is outside! :) xx

    www.almostdelightful.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it :) I think bunting makes party that much more fun. A x

      Delete
  2. The tea that opened like a flower - THAT was awesome. And I don't even drink tea. Ah, English tea parties. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seem to remember a remarkably good Victoria Sponge too! A x

      Delete