Tuesday, 12 June 2012

Art for All // Upfest Bristol

Over the Jubilee weekend, in a slightly unpatriotic move, I escaped the capital and spent my graciously bestowed four day weekend moseying around the hometown.  On a sunny, admittedly slightly rainy, Sunday, the rents and I explored Upfest in Bristol's Southville.

This was a gem of a festival - playing host to some of the most exciting street artists around, along with some super-fun indie clothing stalls, and delicious baked goods.  I can't wait for the next one!  

Forget you're reading this on a computer/ iPhone/ android/ iPad screen and let me show you round the artwork....
















What struck me most was the relaxed, open, welcoming atmosphere of the place.  The complete lack of pretension was refreshing.  The variety, scope, and skill of the art was inspiring, it makes me want to get painting.

And remember kids, graffiti is art.  


A x

1 comment:

  1. love the art work

    http://www.sazistopsecret.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete