Friday, 6 July 2012

SW19

On the eve of the finals weekend of Wimbledon as we are, I thought it only fitting to dedicate just one blog post to that subject.  Now, I can't speak for everyone, but I for one, along with E, have a bit of a soft spot for tennis, especially Wimbledon.  And R will even go as far as to admit that it is the gentleman's sport and on occasion will even condescend to watch it.

In fact, as I type, I have just watched Andy Murray hit a winner right into the final.  I was torn for a moment between patriotism and supporting a player I really like, but I think my Britishness just kicked in (even though Murray is Scottish). 

Last week, E and I made the short trip from SW15 to SW19 and enjoyed a sunny day of tennis in style.






E sports the Aztec trend in a slouchy T, cut-denim shorts, gladiator sandals (reportedly held together with gaffa tape - classy girl!), and her snazzy new bag from Urban Outfitters.

Quite apart from being a superb day out, and a great sporting event, Wimbledon is one of our wonderful national traditions that makes me ever so proud, and very grateful to have been born British.


A x

No comments:

Post a Comment