Saturday, 18 August 2012

My First Love: American Apparel

When our long awaited summer turns up, we often don't expect it to be dressed up as winter. However, as traumatising as this is, it does encourage my obsession with American Apparel

So as an ethically minded fashion enthusiast, I'd like to share with you my first love.

When I first became aware of the fashion industries carelessness to exploit and unfairly trade. I was, as you can imagine, distraught. As a teenager on a low budget and interested in fashion it made it rather difficult to find the ethical alternatives.

American Apparel where my first find, although they don't use organic fabrics for all of they're garments (they are increasingly so). They do ONLY use sweatshop FREE factories, within LA where they were originally founded. Which also means a lowered carbon footprint. 

I am sorry, I didn't intend to ramble. So maybe have a little look at my more summery picks, in their warm, cosy disguise... 





As a proud owner of two AA hoodies, I will vouch that they seem to endure most things under the sun. 

So they may be a little more expensive but they sure do look good and last a bloody long time! 

Have you got an ethical love?


E x

No comments:

Post a Comment