Monday, 10 September 2012

A Has a 'YES' Moment!

In my bid to broaden my experiences in life/ seize the day/ (insert whatever cliche works for you), I am saying 'yes' to more things.  One of these 'yes' moments, (yes, definitely encouraged by that wonderful Danny Wallace) came in the basement of Topshop Oxford Circus, where a lovely hair stylist, Aya, asked if I'd like to have my hair cut, for free.  Why not, I asked, what could be more fun?  Would I mind having it coloured?  Of course not!  (I've never coloured it before, why not start now?)  And there started my hair modelling adventure. 

The first session was a near-normal hair-cut experience, were it not for the amazingly over-enthusiastic owner of the salon, a Vidal Sassoon trained, Japanese stylist named Tiger.  Of course Tiger was his real name.

The second session was a bigger deal than I'd bargained for.  It involved not only the lovely Aya and a photographer, but a make-up artist, the delightful Nana, a stylist and a director.  I only hope I wasn't too much of a novice!  Hey, I've watched ANTM (America's Next Top Model, for those of you who don't), it can't be that hard!?

Here are the results.... (feel free to laugh, but only constructive criticism please!)







I can't wait for the adventure that will surely follow my next 'yes' moment.


A x

P.S.  Cool hair, huh?


7 comments:

  1. I love it! You look hot! (And really like your mum in some of the photos) (And quite Japanese in some of the photos) (Not the same photos)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll go with all what the Author said above. And it's shweet. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, thanks guys. And Chloe, you got a capital A for author! A x

      Delete
  3. Love the haircut, amazingly sophisticated and edgy all at once! Amazing blog by the way!
    Material Fixations

    ReplyDelete
  4. We really like your blog. Do you want to follow each other? Thanks!

    http://onthejukebox.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nana is great as Make-up artisit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she was amazing!

      Thanks for all the comments guys, am ging to check out your blogs now....

      A x

      Delete