Friday, 21 September 2012

Eating Out These Days

Being, as I may be, a cosmopolitan young thing, living in the metropolis of London, this is a bit of a confession; I used to not like eating out.  And not just not like it, it stressed me out.  I did not like it.  It wasn't that I didn't like food, or eating it with friends, I love food, as my hips will testify, and I'm not embarrassed about it.  Looking back, it's clear, things have changed.

I now eat out, and I love it.  I love trying new foods, foods that I could never cook at home.  Where I used to feel stressed out not being at home, I now love exploring new environments.  Where I used to feel uncomfortable surrounded by strangers, I now love seeing so many different people sharing an experience.  Where I used to worry about recklessly spending money, I now don't worry about investing money in time with friends, and in time well spent.

Now, as a restaurant lover, may I recommend to you Wahacca, possibly the best place in London for fast, tasty, Mexican street food.  See below...






And last week I had my first Tepan Yaki experience.  For those of you not familiar, Tepan Yaki is a Japanese cuisine, where the food is cooked right there in front of you on some sort of very hot thing.  IF the crowd is right, as this is a very sociable form of eating, it's a blast.  Great for birthdays, anniversaries, bar mitzvahs, you name it.




Anyone else share my fear/ love of eating out?  Or have any recommendations for us?


A x

No comments:

Post a Comment