Tuesday, 18 September 2012

Have You Read This?

I was a late blooming bookworm, but from the age of 10/11 onwards I made up for it and I have devoured book after book. I love them, from great fantasies that pull me away from my mundane everyday across to middle earth or classic romances that whisper messages of hope and love to be, or satirical observations that have me laughing out loud (usually startling everyone else in the coffee shop). Anyway, my Favourite knowing me rather well bought me this book for my birthday. Even with me bumping it up my reading list I've only just got around to reading it, and what a fool I felt. It is really very good. It's not perfect, but it is funny, very well observed and the characters are penned with such sincerity that you feel everything they feel. 

Anyway, I'm sure you all know that the book is soon to be released as film with non other than Emma Watson as it's star, but I am begging you to please read the book first. Stephen Chbosky's story deserves to be lived out, as intended, through your imagination. So run yourself a bath or settle down on the sofa and turn the first page, I promise you won't be disappointed. 




R x

No comments:

Post a Comment