Wednesday, 31 October 2012

Beauty Amnesty

One of the main topics of conversation in my office is, after fashion; beauty.  We talk about new beauty products, dissect beauty looks on the catwalks, pore over the beauty pages in magazines and exchange advice on products we've tried and tested.  We are, it seems, a little obsessed.  

Being somewhat of a beauty novice when I started this job, I have benefited enormously from my colleagues combined wealth of experience, and now feel a lot more equipped to write about beauty products. 

During one of our many beauty focused in-depths, we realised we all have and hoard a number of products we don't use and aren't ever going to use.  Due to various reasons, skin type incompatibility, changing taste, impulse buys, etc., these quality products were going to waste.  We determined to right this wrong by holding a beauty amnesty.  On the appointed day we each brought in our unwanted products and then surveyed the selection.  After a bit of almost embarrassed and very British moments where none of wanted to be the first to take anything, we got stuck in.  

I managed to shift a few bubble baths and body washes in fragrances that just aren't me, and numerous other items.  One Body Shop product that I was gifted a while back just happened to be my colleagues favourite!

And this is what I brought home....




Space NK Midnight Milk Soak and Authentic Cleansing Nectar from Davines.  These two are not your average bath soaks.  The Space NK has this wonderful fresh laundry, pure driven snow, crisp winters day kind of smell to it and makes you want to sleep for hours and the Davines is sugar and spice and something gorgeous I can't quite put my finger on! 



Mac satin eyeshadow in Haux, Dior eye duo in Dior Wild,  Chantecaille eye shade in Ginko.  The Mac Haux is an invaluable discovery, I would never have chosen this colour, but it is the perfect natural shadow for my skin tone; I am delighted.  The Dior and Chantecaille just pander to my love of earthy green hues, perfection!



Mac Viva Glam Gaga lipstick, Mac Pink Nouveau lipstick and Mac Hello Kitty in Fashion Mews.  I shall never be short of pink lipstick again!  Also, I now know that Mac lipsticks are amazing!  Their colour really lasts and looks great for hours, I'm a convert.



This is possibly my new most favourite thing in the world.   I love the packaging, the little Kitty detail on the actual lipstick and the lilac colour is absolutely divine.  I have been searching for a lilac lipstick for a while and while most others go on like a vaguely lilac shimmer, this Hello Kitty shade is unapologetically lilac.

So if your dressing table needs de-cluttering, why not get together with your girlfriends or colleagues and have a beauty amnesty.  The rubbish you find may be slightly embarrassing, but if you're anything like us, you'll come away with new favourite products you never knew existed or things you've always wanted to try.



A x

No comments:

Post a Comment