Monday, 29 October 2012

This is About as Scary as it Gets // Halloween Special


We're not big on Halloween here at r.a.j.e. but I for one do love an excuse for fancy dress.  And eating chocolate, be it bat shaped or otherwise.  We thought we'd make a small concession to it being Halloween tomorrow.  So, if you're looking for an easy way to create Halloween suitable nails, read on.


I have been meaning to try out Barry M's Croc Nail Effect for a while now, and decided teaming it with yellow would be very fitting for this Halloween Holiday.  Actually, that was Mum's idea, but I'm taking the credit.



All you need to create Halloween nails:

Nails inc A&E basecoat - basecoats protect your nails and keep them healthy
Rimmel Lasting Finish in Sunshine - this is a nice, bright, yellow, but you'll need two coats
Barry M Croc Nail Effect in Black - paint on a not too thick coat over the yellow and allow to dry
Nails inc Albert Bridge topcoat - always, always topcoat, it makes the polish last so much longer



The finished result!  As I'm no expert with nail art, I leave that to J, this was an ideal way to create high impact, ever so slightly Adam's Family-esque nails.




I  went a bit Thora Birch in Ghost World (if you haven't seen it, get onto it now!) with my outfit, wearing a faded black skirt and my trusty Batman t-shirt.  And by this time, I was getting quite into it, so did pale make-up and dark brows and deep blood-red lips.   I think Thora and Scarlett would be proud!  Perfect 90's teen grunge.



A x

No comments:

Post a Comment