Sunday, 4 November 2012

Howkapow Pop up Shop, Bristol

As it's November now, and therefore, officially Christmas, I thought a spot of Christmas shopping wouldn't go amiss.   The other day, I happened upon the wonderful Howkapow pop up shop in Bristol's Quakers Friars, and there I mentally ticked off most of my Christmas list.

I chatted to the co-owner, the lovely Kat, who told me a bit about Howkapow.  As a husband wife team, Kat and Rog run Howkapow as an online show to showcase and sell design and illustration for the home from independent designers.  The Pop up shop is their first bricks and mortar venture, and is open in Bristol everyday until 8th Dec.  The Pop up is a charming painted brick interior, furnished with bare wood, minimal decoration, and most of the colour provided by the products.

The products on offer range from quirky jewellery pieces, through pared down contemporary kitchen ware, right to squirrel shape sellotape dispensers - just what you've always wanted, right?  The products guarantee not only great design, but you're also investing in upcoming independent designers, rather than feeding the corporate machine with our hard earned cash.

So, if, like me, you're looking for Christmas gifts with a bit of individuality, head down to the shop, or check out the online shop, which is as well thought out and nicely presented as you could wish for.

Let me take you on a virtual tour...














...nice, eh?  Shop it here.  Or find them on Twitter.


A x

1 comment:

  1. I like that doormat because it reminds me of Rene Magritte. Do you think that was purposeful? It reminds me of his 'Ceci n'est pas une pipe'.

    ReplyDelete