Tuesday, 6 November 2012

The Right Watch

I'm not quite sure how to start this post, I'm a little over excited!  I have made, wait for it, an investment purchase.  And by that I don't mean a car, or a house, because that would make a me a real grown-up, and who can afford those things anyway in London in 2012?  I digress.  What I have bought is a beautiful watch.  

I must confess, I first became aware of the beauty of Michael Kors watches when I noticed a friend of mine wearing an one that I can only describe as perfect.  I was in love.  

So, with a hugely treasured Selfridges voucher that I've been waiting to spend on the 'right' thing, and some hard earned cash, I took myself along to Oxford St.  After a while of deliberation, I confidently told the sales adviser, I'd like to buy that watch please. 

Now the deal is sealed, and my Michael Kors watch and I shall live happily ever after.  And this is what I'm teaching myself, to buy pieces that I will wear forever, to save the money I am tempted to throw away on one-season affairs, and invest in long term loves.








As Jay-Z once said, "I don't got the bright watch, I got the right watch".  Watch out folks, next I won't be buying out the bar, I'll buy the nightspot... one step at a time, right?


A x

No comments:

Post a Comment