Monday, 10 December 2012

A Profiled

Abbie Price


This week we profile A, the oldest and wisest member of r.a.j.e. Talented print designer, master of the graphics pad, sister of R and Italian chef to be. She's working her way up in the fashion industry while pulling together an off beat sleek look every day, this is a woman to steal a few tricks from...


Favourite holiday of the year?
Christmas, no doubt about it.  Half the year I'm looking forward to Summer, the other half, I can't wait for Christmas.

Ideal holiday destination?
Southern Italy. I've been there once, to Calabria, working and I long to go back again for pleasure.

The outfit you throw on when you sleep through your alarm?
Topshop leopard print top and shorts.  The top is so baggy it needs no effort; but it's leopard print, so I feel glamorous enough to face the day!

Perfect way to spend the day is doing...?
If it's a day off, then drinking coffee, reading a good book, P G Wodehouse or something of that ilk, drinking some more coffee, and maybe taking in an art gallery or a film.  Oh, and eating really, really good food.

Film that has most influenced your style?
It has to be the brat pack films, right now.  Pretty in Pink, St. Elmo's Fire, The Breakfast Club.  I'm going through an 80's phase, can you tell?

Ultimate girl crush?
Lucy Liu.  Love you longtime, Lucy.

When you were growing up you wanted to be?
A rally driver, then an artist.  Obviously.

Now you’re grown up you want to be?
Co-running my own fashion company.   Building a home.

Favourite style blogger?

Rumi Neely of Fashion Toast

Top three high street shops?
Topshop. No one else on the high street translates catwalk trends as quickly and successfully as they do.
River Island.  River make trousers that actually fit me!  And they are great for accessories.
Urban Outfitters.  I don't buy a lot here, but what I do buy, I love, and it's great for presents.

If you could afford to, you would buy from which designer?
Dolce and Gabanna.  Stefano, Domenico, if you're reading, …..

Beauty products you couldn’t live without?
Aqueous cream, my skin is super sensitive.  A good liquid/ gel eyeliner; I do feel strange without eye make up on.  Treseme hairspray, which since being recommended to me last year, I would swear by.  The best hold ever.

What’s your poison?
Probably coffee, or rum.  Or chocolate.  Maybe cheese.  There are so many! 

The thought that keeps you going through all the hard days?
That God is good.  All the time.

Ideal date?
I'm not going to be hugely original here.  I would love a great film, at a cinema other then your run of the mill Odeon or Vue, that we could talk about over dinner at an intimate independent restaurant afterward.  Or dinner, at said restaurant, and then dancing, I do love dancing!  Then collapsing, legs exhausted, onto the tube home.

The three main colours in your wardrobe are?
At the moment, black, brown and cream.  But it used to be a veritable rainbow, I'm sure I have phases. 

When you and your girlfriends get together you are? (going to the pub/dancing/cooking/gossiping)
Mostly dancing around the kitchen whilst we cook up a storm and drink rum, or at the local pub where we're drinking wine and losing ourselves in laughter.

Where do you see yourself in five years?
Co-running a bigger, world famous(!) r.a.j.e.  More confident in who I am and what I'm doing and still very excited about life.




A x

No comments:

Post a Comment