Sunday, 23 December 2012

It's Christmas time

 

While doing one of my frequent trawls through Pinterest I found this image which was so lovely I had to do more than just re-pin it. 

I am a complete Christmas diva. I absolutely love it and I demand that my family stick by the traditions I put in my place in my toddler years! From my Dad's cryptic treasure hunt in the morning, to all opening stockings in bed together, to the full English Brunch. Christmas in our house is a true joy. I am lucky to have a ridiculously talented chef for a mother and a family full of people who I love and genuinely relish spending time with. But for me the greatest joy about Christmas is the weeks building up to it, I develop a resilient optimism, a notion of well everything really will be OK wont it? The obvious love and consideration my family show to each other over Christmas really does change my life for a few weeks every year, and for that I will always be grateful, for a month every year it really is the season to be Jolly. 

I hope you all have a lovely Christmas, I hope you indulge in long held traditions, catch up with family and friends and let go of the negative niggles of the past year. I hope that the time with your loved ones builds you up again, reminds you of how loved you are and how much support you have. I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and a very happy new year. 

Lots of love,
R x

No comments:

Post a Comment