- some sellotape (I find that the rubbish stuff works best!)
- 3 nail varnish colours of your choice
This one is a layering game, which means you have to allow yourself a decent amount of time to do it in, maybe whilst watching Step Up?? Also, be aware that if someone walks in on you they are likely to look at you like you are a mental as you will have sellotape attached all over yourself!
It is made up of 3 layers: Base (Brown), Highlight (Beige) and Accent (Red)
- Start off with highlight colour, I chose the brown (not only for check similarity) but because it only needed one coat.
- Then, once that coat is totally 100% dry, take thin strips of sellotape, create a check stencil, remember the basic principles of stenciling, you are essentially working invertedly. (not entirely sure that is a word)
- Then apply your base colour over the top of the sellotape, allow to dry slightly and carefully peel off the sellotape.
- Repeat the process but with your accent colour, I tried to keep this layer really thin but that was mainly for check imitation purposes.
I then Matt coated it, for extra effect.