Sunday, 20 January 2013

Tate Etc.

A little before Christmas R boasted of having got me, and I quote; 'the best Christmas present ever.'  On Christmas day, as I opened said gift, she claimed 'if you don't like this, then you're not the girl I thought you were'.  Quite some claims.  And quite some confidence!  

But, as I carefully unwrapped the lovely little box in which the gift was contained, comprehension dawned.  A year's membership to Tate (Britain and Modern)!  What this ostensibly means I can visit all of the special exhibitions, all year, for free.  What it actually means is that I have a very good excuse, nay a reason, to spend hours idling around art galleries, soaking up art and pondering beauty.  I could not be happier.  




The ramifications of this gift are huge.  Firstly, it has made my New Year's resolution for me; all others pale into insignificance.  Secondly, it is a huge PRO in the 'whether to stay in London' debate that rages almost constantly in my head.  And finally, it means (to everyone's relief) that I am still the girl that R thinks I am; I am still as in love with art as I ever was.  And she is as generous and insightful sister as she has ever been.  





Over the course of the year, I shall be diligently blogging about each of the special exhibitions at Tate Britain and Tate Modern, so art lovers, stay tuned.  If you want to find out what all this art stuff is about, head on over to the Tate website where the experts will give you a heads up.


Do let us know if you would like us to blog about anything in particular, or get involved with the conversation; the floor (comments box) is open: art, Christmas presents, you name it.


A x

1 comment:

  1. Hello dear, it’s always a pleasure to read your posts!! Happy Monday!
    Come back soon to visit on Cosa Mi Metto???
    Win a red dress identical to the one Miranda Kerr wore!!

    ReplyDelete