Thursday, 28 February 2013

The Botanical Garden in Copenhagen

I tried to avoid it, but I couldn't, I'm sorry. I've had to dedicate a whole post to the Botanical Garden in Copenhagen. Right in the heart of the city, through some wrought iron gates is this calm paradise. Something about the walls and trees means the sound of traffic drifts away as you wander down the tree lined paths of the garden, and slowly but surely life starts to take a different pace. You really can't resist stopping and smelling the roses. 

The hour we spent wandering around the garden, gasping at the frozen lakes and peering in the greenhouses was one of the happiest of my life. The beauty, the calm, the nature, the company, it was leagues beyond perfect and I will remember it for years to come. I hope the pictures below convey even just a smidgen of the joy I found in that place and maybe even inspire you to call up a friend and go for a wander of your own.












Yes, I wrote our names in the snow. I was feeing smooshy OK. 

R x

No comments:

Post a Comment