Tuesday, 5 March 2013

WWW // Look Geppetto, I'm a Real Girl

I often forget how lucky I am to have a gorgeously stylish Mother, a dapper Dad, and a seriously fashion savvy sister.  I spent my formative years a decided tomboy, sporting mainly baggy, ripped jeans, Dr Martens and baggy t-shirts.  Nowadays, I'm still partial to a Dr Marten boot, but the denim is shorter and less roomy, and the baggy t-shirts are tucked into tailored trousers or pencil skirts.  I have, you might say, grown up.  This slow but steady transformation would never have been possible without the aforementioned  family members and a few enterprising friends at university.

Our beloved J has trodden a slightly different style path.  Having grown up surrounded by brothers, her attempts at fashion discovery were not so warmly received.  This week she faces the social and sartorial challenge of one of said brothers' weddings.  I relished the chance to style this gorgeous girl for an oh-so-important event.




J made an admirable start to the outfit, choosing a Mango dress that not only complimented her skin tone, but showed off her long legs beautifully.  She then fell prey to the allure of sparkly gold Miss KG shoes.  We had the beginnings of an outfit.  To protect against the inevitable chill of a February wedding in Britain, we threw a long blazer and pashmina over the dress in a kind of Four Weddings and a Funeral, Kristen Stewart kind of way.  We stuck with the gold theme set by shoes, adding a Grecian style necklace, a lovely beige ponyskin clutch, and topped it all of with some bling on the wrists and fingers.









J wears // pashmina: sorry, I don't remember where I got this one // blazer: Zara // bag: Ted Baker // dress: Mango //  shoes: Kurt Geiger // ring: vintage // necklace: M&S //


Like Cinderalla ready for her ball, no?


A x


No comments:

Post a Comment