Friday, 5 April 2013

Kneeling at the Altar of MAC Cosmetics

I know for a fact that I am not alone in my enduring mission to find make-up that really works for my skin type, skin tone, and bank balance.  It would be great if there was one brilliant brand and one product that magically worked for everyone, but that's not the case.  The variety in skin types, skin tones, and also in products and brands is seemingly endless.  This is why, for many of us, the search continues.

I had, of late, got lazy with my make-up.  I was using the same products I've used for a few years now, even though I knew they weren't right.  I couldn't face the effort of finding new ones.  I also was reluctant to shell out for a more expensive brand of make-up without a guarantee of better results.

Then something switched in me.  I got fed up of blending foundations to get the right colour, I was sick of too thin a coverage; I wanted my skin to look great and to look like me!  So with no further ado, I marched off to the MAC counter in Selfridges where the lovely make up artist found me the perfect products. 


Studio Fix Fluid and Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation:  these products have a great reputation and it is not unfounded!  One of the great things about MAC is their range of colour.  Unlike a lot of make-up brands, they cater for a whole range of skin tones, including mine!  Mine is a pale, yellowy tone that I owe to my mixed Anglo-Indian heritage, but the range of shades MAC stock is huge....






Studio Fix gives really great, lasting, coverage, which makes paying that extra few quid really worth it.  I also invested in some brushes to apply said Studio Fix, which I am still getting to grips with.  I am hoping that I will soon master the flawless finish that the MAC girl achieved. 




But this is not some brief make-up crush, I have been slowly falling in love with MAC for a while now.  I am already devoted to their cream blushers and bronzers, and their kaleidoscopic range of eye pencils and shadows.  The above are just a few of my current favourites; Refined Golden bronzer, Laid Back cream blush, Something Special cream blush, and just two of my many eyeliners!  I can see this becoming a lifelong love affair with MAC Cosmetics.

Are there any other MAC worshipers out there?

A x 

No comments:

Post a Comment