Thursday, 30 May 2013

Make Mine a Negroni

I have discovered another facet of my enduring and steadily increasing obsession with Italy (see previous blog posts for the evidence) and all things Italian.  Liquor.  Specifically; Campari.  One of the most beautiful cocktails I have ever tasted has to be the Negroni, and the other day the desire overcame me to try my hand at making my own.  So, whilst in the supermarket, on the phone with my Dad googling the recipe, I bought all the necessary ingredients for what I hoped would be a delicious cocktail at the end of a very hard day.




Start with a pretty glass and ice.




Add one measure of gin.





Then one measure of Campari.  Note, and this is new to me too, Campari is a brand.  So if it says Campari, it is Campari.  Makes it easy, no?




Then add one measure of Vermouth Rosso, in this case Martini was on offer and in the prettiest bottle.




Add a slice of orange.  You'll have to imagine this one, as I failed on the fruit front, so added a sprig of basil instead.  Purely for aesthetic purposes, you understand.




And there you have yourself a beautiful Negroni.  Grab your glass, grab a sunny spot, and sip away.  


Are you an ammeture mixologist like me?  What are your favourite cocktail recipes?

 
Un bacione, A x
 

No comments:

Post a Comment