Thursday, 11 July 2013

Things I hope I'll One Day Get To Do ... Fashion Only.

When I dreamed up this post, I was meditating on all the things throughout fashion history that I'll never get to do.  It's not as macabre as it sounds, read my blog post here.  As valuable as it is to look back and appreciate history, it is essential to look ahead and face the future with anticipation.  I got to wondering what things I'd love to see happen in my future and the future I get to witness in this world of ours.  

Things I hope to do one day; strictly fashion.

Wear clothes designed by me.  Everyday.
I so often get dressed in the morning, or go shopping and just wish that I could find the things I imagine up in my head.  How happy it would make me to actually get to wear these things. 
Since writing this, we have launched RAJE, our very own brand, and our debut collection.  This is a major and very exciting step on the way to realising my little dream!


One of my favourite shots from our debut collection look book.

See someone on the street wearing my designs.
I work in the fashion industry and I've seen people in the street wearing items I've contributed to/ selected/ developed and this gives me a huge buzz.  For this to be my own designs, something I've poured my heart and soul into, would mean immeasurably more to me.  To see someone wearing, enjoying, looking beautiful in something you've created is an amazing feeling!


J in her RAJE Twit Twoo tee.

Be part of the growing trend to transform the fashion industry into an ethical, sustainable industry.
Quite apart from and yet similar to the emancipation of women I mentioned in my previous post, we are now, again, fighting for people's rights. This fashion industry that compels and inspires us is seriously flawed.  I am by no means the first or only one to admit this, but I do aim to be an effective part of changing this.  Seeing brands pioneering ethical standards in the industry inspires me and gives me hope that this is not an impossible challenge!




Edun and THTC.


Find my own unique style and be delighted with it.
I’ll can’t help myself, I love fashion, I’m excited for the new trends each season and I’m fickle.  But what impresses me most is someone who’s confident in their own style; be it edgy, classic, high fashion or street-wear.  The inimitable Audrey Hepburn said “Why change?  Everyone has his own style.  When you have found it, you should stick to it.”  And I intend to.  Just as soon as I’ve found it.


Be a small part in helping others discover their own unique style.
One of the biggest and most precious joys in life is seeing other people find happiness.  Even in the smallest of ways, like discovering a dress that flatters their hips, or a colour that highlights their eyes, this is infinitely rewarding.  I love being a part of it.

Having said all this, I don’t want to limit my dreams!  I can’t wait for tomorrow, and the day after, and the day after that.  When, I’m sure the future will surprise us with new inventions, revolutionary progress, and ground-breaking ideas. 

I’m excited about the future.  Are you?

A x

No comments:

Post a Comment