Wednesday, 11 September 2013

I Blame the Crackle // Shellacked


Deep within London's 'City' is a gem of a find; Ted's Beauty Spot. A beauty salon and mens grooming room based within a Ted Baker shop off Cheapside, with a whole host of treatments on offer. 

Run by Ted, the salon adheres to all things 'Ted", great service, weird and wonderful interiors and brilliant quality.

I love a good manicure and actually very rarely indulge in one, mainly because when you can DIY it you might as well! But I've been tempted to try shellac for a while now. Being a bit apprehensive about committing to a single colour for an extended period of time, I've been pretty hesitant. But encouraged by a friend, I treated myself to a Ted shellac manicure.

I eventually went with Black and Sparkly, actually I think my exact words were "I want my nails to look like a night sky!" And I was really happy with the result:


These photos were from a couple of weeks afterwards, where the nails had grown a bit and so I filled the gaps with gold in a reverse french manicure style. 

I kept mine for nearly a month, (which I'll admit is a bit too long) but they maintained themselves that whole time, (one chipped, but only the day before I got it all removed) and it was great to not have to worry about the it's-been-3-days-looking-worn-and-unhappy state nails get into.

The process is a bit industrial with your hands under a UV light, and then having to go in and get them 'removed' but actually my nails were in a great condition afterwards!
Where I don't think I would have my nails constantly 'shellacked' as I don't think nails would be very happy long term, and I wouldn't be able to afford to change them as much as I would like! but I would definitely get them again, in fact I'm already planning my next colour commitment.


J x


No comments:

Post a Comment