Sunday, 8 September 2013

My Love Affair with Clarks Shoes

I have a confession.  I am obsessed with Clarks shoes (don't stop reading...)  Yep, it seems very comfortable, modestly priced footwear is my thing.  I blame my Mother, she has one of those cards that magically saves money and for as long as I care to remember, we've been taken on an annual Christmas shoe shop to Clarks.  We started out the two of us reluctantly dragging our feet along to the oh-so-uncool Clarks, and now we can't wait for the next trip to what has quickly become my shoe mecca.  

You'll have no doubt seen me sporting my many pairs in various blog posts...


These are my latest love, black patent brogues, what's not to love?  Click the photos to see how I wore them.


Whenever we go shopping for one pair of shoes, it's almost inevitable I come away with two.  I just couldn't resist these blue suede shoes. 


I've had these gorgeous heels for years now and they are still going strong.  One of the few pairs of heels that I can scale escalators, run for buses, and generally last a day in, they have earned their place in my wardrobe.

The great thing about Clarks is that you know you're buying quality.  Sure, they may cost more than something from New Look, or even Topshop, but you know they're not going to rip your feet to shreds or fall apart in a week.   Rather, down to their classic styling and reliable quality, these shoes will become wardrobe staples for years to come.  They're the antithesis of fast fashion.  They are old-fashioned, good quality, good value shoes.

My shoe wish list at the moment consists of these wonderfully British looking burgundy brogues and some mouth-wateringly tasty animal print court shoes.  These ones recently had me tottering up and down the shop counting the days till payday.





Clarks' latest coup has been securing the wonderful Susie Bubble to style their campaign for their new Sportswear range.  With clashing brights, neoprene and layers upon layers, she's created an eye-popping selection of outfits.  I am in love with the purple pair and now all I have to do is track them down.
 



What are your shoe obsessions? 

A x

No comments:

Post a Comment