Thursday, 27 February 2014

Spring In Your Step // A's Guide To Spring Shoes

A does the legwork for you in your search for Spring shoes.

It seems like nothing but a blink and a heartbeat since I was writing my last footwear focused post, my guide to winter boots, but like an old friend, Spring is here again.  Hurrah!  So, to Spring, and to shoes.  

Spring may seem awkward and transitional, not warm and dry enough for the shoes of Summer, whereas the boots of Winter seem like overkill, even in Britain.  But I propose an alternative theory; Spring is actually the ideal season for shoes.  Apart from the odd April shower, Spring is dry and fine, it is never drastically cold, nor unbearably hot.  This means that pretty much any shoe that takes your fancy can be considered practical.

With inspiration from the Spring trends, a weather eye on the high street, but as always sticking to my guns, here's my list of shoes for Spring.

As a rule, I'm not a sandal-wearing girl, so to get onto my feet, these strappy styles must as closely resemble shoes as possible.  Thank fashion then, that this Spring's sandal of choice comes equipped with wide straps and platform soles.  I'm quite tempted by this Prada-esque style from Whistles or the very clumpy and very cool pair by Dr Martens.


Whistles Silver Sandals


Whistles Silver Sandals

Dr Martens Gladiator Sandals

Dr Martens Gladiator Sandals


Always a good bet for Spring is a casual leather lace up, or even a soft brogue style.  These lovely tan pair from Clarks are guaranteed to be comfy and versatile enough to go with any outfit you care to throw on.

Classic Casual


Classic Casual

Looking for a new pair of trainers for the warmer months?  Look no further than Veja.  With outstanding ethical credentials, these are also super cute in pastel tangerine.  Check out their website for more great styles, including some colour-block high-tops.

Perfect Pastel Pumps


Perfect Pastel Pumps


I'm torn between these two beauties from Office.  Both in this almost edible shade of mint and both styles I've not really rocked before, I'm keen to try both!  Pointy flat... tassled loafer... pointy flat... tassled loafer... pointy.... oh, heck, why not both?

Minted

Minted

If, like me, you're a stickler for comfortable and practical footwear, then these may be the perfect Spring shoes for you.  Checking both boxes with ease, these Dr Martens shoes are pretty as a picture with their washed out floral print.  Pretty and practical, what more could you ask for in a shoe?

Dr Martens Floral Affair

Dr Martens Floral Affair
Here's hoping I've gone some way to helping you in your Spring shoe shopping.  What do you think, what would your ideal Spring shoes be?

A x

No comments:

Post a Comment