Monday, 24 February 2014

WWW: A Nod to Mod

A flashback to when A paid Liverpool a visit and styled herself a rather Mod look. 


There's long been a special place in my heart for the Mods.  Maybe it's since watching The Who's Quadrophenia or maybe it's the effect of growing up with a Northerner for a Dad, who knows?  All I know is I have a soft spot for a Fred Perry polo shirt, a neat, buttoned-up, tucked-in shirt or a casually worn bomber jacket. On this particular day, what with being away up in Liverpool and all, I channeled my inner-Mod and this is the outfit that happened.




I was dead chuffed with finding these trousers in a charity shop, one of my best finds of late; they do a very good job of smartening up many an outfit.  And as is often the case, I couldn't resist adding a splash of bling to my ensemble, this time with my faux snakeskin bag, stars ring and sparkly nails.


The shirt was another particularly good find, it's from the Jill Sander for Uniqlo range, but I bought it at one of Susie Bubble's yard sales, so was a jolly good bargain.  It's a gorgeous pale lilac and boasts lovely hidden buttons and a neat, small collar.

A wears: bomber jacket: Puma // shirt: +j Jill Sander for Uniqlo // necklace and ring: Topshop // nails: Barry M // trousers: Warehouse via a charity shop // trainers: Nike Blazers.

A x

No comments:

Post a Comment