Monday, 24 March 2014

Wearing Flats


R explores the notion of confident flats. 


For years a woman In heels has been a force to be reckoned with. 

Wearing heels was a sign of womanhood, maturity and sensuality. Wearing heels with unexpected items like jeans and casual jersey basics was a signal of true self confidence. 

Now, with fashion signalling otherwise-is it time we moved on? Is wearing such an obvious "confidence piece" actually a sign of a lack of self-belief? Is the modern woman relying on a few extra inches and a slight clip to to their step to hold their head high? 

Could it be time to herald a new era of confident flats? Of belief that our bodies, our outfits and our look is stronger without an added lift? 

I have been stepping out in flats for a while now, and this Spring and I will continue with an ugly sandal because, you know what, I'm starting to think I'm a better women when standing on my own two feet - flat, firm and in control. 

All hail the flats.


R x

2 comments:

  1. I love this post,
    And I completely agree,
    Flats are the way forward, or lower heels at least!

    Oh, I have a giveaway at the moment! Would love you to enter. Kelly from |Daydreams & Daisychains

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I'm not alone! I'll head over to your blog now!

      R x

      Delete