Tuesday, 29 April 2014

Lean In Review

Book review of Lean In by Sheryl Sandberg

I am increasingly interested in women's place in the work environment. Being a career focused woman with strong opinions, high aspirations and a lot of confidence I find myself grating against what most people (men and woman) expect women to be like. 

Now to say that the majority of people in the world are in some way sexist would, admittedly, be a sweeping statement. However, the more you look into issues like equal pay and child care the more you realise, actually maybe not so sweeping. 

For anyone, man or woman, seeking to be a progressive and pioneering player in today's workforce I seriously suggest you read Lean In. It has informed, sculpted and directed my passion to be an altogether more useful person. 

At the tender young age of 23 I have already come across many incidents of sexism and prejudice - thanks to words such as those in Lean in however, this has only served to make me more determined to change where I work and how I work. I will not compromise on my ambition or strong opinions just because it doesn't fit with what some people imagine a woman should be.  

Revolution starts with one person. 

R x

No comments:

Post a Comment