Wednesday, 9 July 2014

Taste of London 2014

A makes the case for food festivals as the new music festivals.


As work perks go, this was one of the best.  Taste of London, as it turns out, is foodie heaven.  A little corner of Regent's Park dedicated to food.  Some of the best restaurants from across the UK, as well as food suppliers and independents, came together to peddle their wares to hungry foodies. 

Being a food festival novice, I was unprepared for the wonderland of taste I found myself in.  Innocently I went along to take a few photos, tweet a few nuggets, but was instantly diverted and away on a food adventure for almost three delicious hours.  
Some places were selling freshly made dishes, some selling take-home food, and some giving away wonderful free samples.  Here are some of my favourites...


The Primrose Bakery's cakes tasted as good as they looked!





The Rossopomodoro stand was one of the busiest, due to them giving away slices of their to-die-for Neapolitan pizza.  No matter how much of that pizza I eat, I am convinced I could still eat more.

Didn't think marshmallows could get any better?  Let Mallow and Marsh prove you wrong!

 


Green and Blacks make some of the most top-notch chocolate there is, and here they had flavours I'd never tried before... lemon, burnt toffee, oh my!


I loved stumbling across brands I'd never heard of before and discovering new things.  One of them was this stupidly delicious coconut yoghurt by Coconut Collaborative.  Cheaper than the super-trendy CoYo but equally as tasty and healthy, this is definitely my new favourite yoghurt.



Having been to Korea a few years ago and fallen firmly in love with everything Korean, I was excited to learn that apparently Korean food is the next best thing in foodie land.  The best places to find great Korean food in London are around the Tottenham Court Road and, strangely enough, New Malden.


The stunning food art at Taste of Thailand.

So it turns out a food festival is much like a regular festival, but slightly more grown up, and much less muddy.  For me, it was perfect... sunshine, food, whiskey tastings... who could ask for more?  I plan to make this visit the first of many, many more. 

If your appetite has been whetted, then check out these upcoming food festivals...The Big Feastival (Oxfordshire) and Foodies Festivals (across the UK).

A x

No comments:

Post a Comment