Tuesday, 12 August 2014

WWW: A Demands a Hard-working Wardrobe

A proves you don't have to play it safe with staple pieces - go statement!

Caitlin Moran put it well when she wrote “When a woman says, ‘I have nothing to wear!’, what she really means is, ‘There’s nothing here for who I’m supposed to be today.” Knowing this to be true, it's important that our wardrobes are equipped to deal with a vast array of requirements.  It follows that flexible items that can be worn to fulfill a multiple of roles are critical to everyday sartorial success.

There's a scene in a Julia Robert's movie (I can't quite recall which) where our romantic heroine tries on a wedding dress and gets a bit teary-eyed over its swooshy, bell-like qualities.  That was me when I found this skirt.  An almost circular a-line cut, high-waisted, cream, vinyl, midi-skirt.  Now apparently that's not everyone's cup of tea, but I was in love.  I just knew it would be the basis of a myriad of outfits and I set out to prove it. 

Street-wear, Don't Care


Taking full advantage of the lovely high-waisted fit of the skirt, I paired it with my wonderfully cute crop-top from the ever irreverent Lazy Oaf and kept it all grounded with my newest pair of kicks.  A textbook body shape outfit here - balancing a voluminous bottom half with a neat top - and all the while my street-wear credentials intact.







A totally indulgent shot of my beautiful new Roshe Run Dynasties.  R splashed out on these for my birthday and is only fueling my sneaker love affair (that's what sisters are for, right?)

Another Day, Another Dollar



Another day, another look... and keeping it simple with a functional denim top.  The chambray and cream mean this is an easy to wear, no-nonsense, work-ready outfit that doesn't compromise on style.  The structured cut and fabric of the top avoids the risk of looking shapeless, an ideal solution for a day that calls for throw-on style and total outfit confidence.












Do you make your clothes work as hard as they could?  Could you make a more confident statement with your wardrobe staples?

A wears // skirt, necklace and rings: Topshop // crop-top: Lazy Oaf // denim top: Levi's // trainers: Nike // watch: Michael Kors //

A x

No comments:

Post a Comment