Thursday, 4 September 2014

Natural beauty: Apple Cider Vinegar

Continuing R's exploration of natural beauty methods 


It wasn't too long ago that I was waxing lyrical about the virtues of coconut oil and now I'm about to do it all over again, except this time it's apple cider vinegar that has captured my heart. 

First up, the two best and two worst things about this miracle product


Two best:
- It rapidly evens out your skin tone 
- It tackles break outs and redness

Two worst:
-It stings broken skin
-It makes you smell like chips

I found out about this beauty gem by simply Googling natural toners, I suggest you do the same - that way you can geek up on all the science behind it. If you can't be bothered then it's something along the lines of - It's good for you as it's natural and free of nonsense and the vinegar restores your skins ph balance after cleansing. I followed many bloggers advice and bought one with "The Mother" (If anyone knows what this is then please let me know!). I mostly bought it because it was organic, big and had a nice label.  


I've been using this morning and night for about a month now and I don't see myself stopping anytime soon. It feels great to be using something free of perfume, preservatives and all the other silly things I know are in even the most virtuous of toners and I also like how purse-friendly it is (this bottle cost about £8).

I have very pale, combination skin and toning with this has helped even out my skin tone creating the all-over ghost look I like. It also swiftly tackles any spots that crop up when life is toying with my stress levels. What I cannot complement however is the smell, it isn't very nice and unfortunately is does linger on your face for about 5 minutes after you've applied it. However I tackle this by smothering my face with beautifully scented coconut oil. 

How to use it:

Mix 1 part vinegar with 2 parts water. Dip in a cotton bud and sweep over your recently cleansed face. Leave to soak it for a second and then go ahead and moisturise. Easy! I store my mix in an old jam jar - just make sure you sterilise your jar first if you're gonna do this. 

R x

No comments:

Post a Comment