Wednesday, 8 October 2014

Diary of a Corporate Girl - Minion Moments

This week Corporate Girl tackles a common office experience - Minion Moments


I am a business owner, and so very strong minded about how people should be treated and how a work place should ideally be run. As my business is not yet my day job and my day job isn't my business, I have to resign those opinions as soon as I walk through those big glass doors.

It's the big wigs I have a problem with. They've all perfected the "important strut" - for tell-tale signs look for a rushed air, iPhone in hand, coffee in the other and a slight sneer. The most obvious tell of an "important strutter"? Well, they won't talk to you and if they do it'll be as if you are a minion.

I am of the opinion that it doesn't matter how much people are paid as, at the end of the day, we are all in fact, people. Recent example, being stuck in a malfunctioning lift for hours on end left me on the same level, literally, as aforementioned "big wig". This would have been a lot less awkward if we had walked into that lift as equals. Eventually we were freed and we resumed to life as normal, her re-adjusting her slightly ruffled 'Big Wig'.

Rich, poor, successful or struggling - every single person has a right to be smiled at, acknowledged and treated with respect. 

Am I crazy for expecting this of members of fashion's holy grail? No, I don't think I am. 

Love, Corporate Girl x

p.s. remember to tweet me #corporategirl on @RAJEdesign to share your #minionmoments

No comments:

Post a Comment