Thursday, 2 October 2014

Paris Fashion Week: Round up

At the end of this seasons fashion month, J gives us her take on PFW SS15 


Well! How much of your PFW show did you manage to catch? As mentioned in my rundown post  PFW is a bit of a beast: 9 days of full on, intoxicating, brilliant fashion. Understandably it's impossible to catch every show - even with a chauffeur driven car! To solve this problem I relied on a few sources..

For live action nowfashion was my go to, but I  also follow  Vogue, Elle, Hunger Magazine & Instyle on my various social medias, meaning I get an insight to any of the shows I didn't quite get to, Thank The Lord.

Here are my highlights from the past 9 days.

The beautiful: Dries Van Noten  

Dries can Noten and the technicolour dream outfits walking down a woodland fairyland catwalk.
Hailing to my hippy style tendencies it is perhaps no surprise I was immediately enticed by the use of multi coloured pattern silks, formed into draped jumpsuits and bomber jackets I just fell in love with this collection. The clashing colours and use of textures were beautiful and striking. Saying goodbye to the usual pastel floras I am very much looking forward to a brighter, bolder patterned springtime.

The show stopper: Jean Paul Gaultier 

Jean Paul Gaultier – this year is to be his last runway show moving on to focus on the perfume and couture brand . The designer's final show was a menagerie of collections gone by - he certainly went out with a bang. From monochrome 80’s volume to Mexican wrestler chic, it was a tongue in cheek celebration of what will be missing from future fashion weeks.

The New: Christine Phung 

Oh my life I want it all. Clean lines classic but modernised tailoring. Attainable and accessible catwalk fashion.

The Abstract: Commes des Garçons 

It wouldn’t be a Paris Fashion Week without a little abstract infusion, and Commes Des Garçons definitely is that. Bright white and wild haired models wore pieces of oxblood, burgundy and scarlet, creating new profiles and body shapes to inspire the more outlandish of stylists. Beautiful and eccentric.

The Classic: Chanel 

Karl Lagerfeld in his gorgeous navy suit sent 85 models down a street catwalk (complete with puddles), ending with a feminist demonstration. There is really only one Chanel isn’t there?  The beauty of the Karl and Chanel combo is that the clothes stand up to the gimmicks, classically chic with a twist. There were the usual tweeds, with a pop of psychedelic coloured linings and boots, nautical knitwear and pinstripe cut-out capes. What can I say, it was perfection.


My best of the rest: 







What were your highlights of the past four weeks of fashion? We cover all our favourites on our Instagram and Twitter pages, we’d love to hear your take so give us a shout using #rajefashion.


J x

No comments:

Post a Comment