Tuesday, 16 December 2014

I Blame The Crackle // Burberry Beauty

J gives us a rundown on her latest adventure into Burberry Beauty

The other day I went on a bit of a makeup splurge. Now if you are a regular reader of the blog this may seem slightly odd. Sure I have arguably invested far too much in my nail varnish collection, but I rarely 'buy' into seasonal beauty trends mainly cause I'm a bit stuck in the mud on the makeup front, keeping to what I know looks OK and can achieve while commuting to work on a rocky bus or tube.


Burberry's recent launch into the beauty industry did get my attention, probably unsurprising given my invested bias towards pretty much everything Burberry. But it hasn't disappointed, as with Burberry's general approach to fashion the make-up collections are accessible without being bland - with options of more adventurous colours and shades for those inclined, but more than anything the quality is second to none. 



This Rose Blush is slightly darker than I am used to, which was terrifying at first, but once I conquered my fear I understood why I was advised on this colour - it looks SO good, giving my face overall more depth and dragging me out of my renaissance type pale complexion.


Midnight Ash Eye Definer
Almond & Gold Trench Sheer Eye Shadow

The two sheer eye shadows allow me to keep my fail safe smokey eye standard, but the use of the midnight ash eye definer brightens this up from my usual black, and the green hint complements the green in my eyes perfectly. 

But overall I have been most impressed by the quality, after 9 hours of tube battles, whatever the British autumn weather decides it is doing and countless meetings, my cheeks have retained their rose-y glow and eyes have maintained their smoulder.

5 stars Burberry. 

J x

No comments:

Post a Comment