Sunday, 18 January 2015

What We Wore: A Is Bright And Bold

A interrupts a season of black with a burst of colour


What with Winter arriving, the tumult of leaving my job, the stress of job-hunting and the roller-coaster of emotions of having a bit of a life re-think, my wardrobe has suffered somewhat. I've resorted to a lot of normcore and a lot of black. It's comforting, easy, one less thing to think about, and a little bit sentimental if you were there for normcore's first incarnation.

But though layers of black, grungy no-name pieces and messy up-do's are all very well, they're just not me. Not for long, anyway. I put a deliberate stop to all this grunge and for a family day out, constructed an outfit practically bursting with colour and pattern.

Donning my beloved R~A~J~E Almost Smart skirt, which has sat unworn for too long, I wrapped up for the brisk winters day in layers of leopard print and finished the look off with my beautifully colourful Roshe Run Dynasty's and metallic handbag.

That cold December day, the sun shone, as if to honour my effort to be bright again.




A wears // sunnies: River Island (mens) // scarf and bag: M&S // jacket: Topshop // skirt: R~A~J~E // trainers: Nike //

A x

No comments:

Post a Comment