Wednesday, 18 February 2015

The virtue of Lent

R is doing Lent this year, are you? 


Every year Lent comes around and I commit myself to giving up a few things in order to increase my discipline and gain that incredibly smug feeling you get on Easter Sunday. To some Lent is archaic and overly religious, but I try not to shy away from things just by association. And anyway, a tradition of encouraging discipline and focus is one I happily sign up for. 

This year, I’m focusing more on shifting my attitude, rather than depriving myself. I already eat a clean and lean diet and exercise regularly so eating well would be an easy challenge for me. More difficult however, is dedicating myself to having a productive and positive mental state for the weeks ahead.

So my challenge this lent is to shift my focus, so it’s less ‘me’ and more ‘everybody else’.

Until Easter Sunday I will be practicing gratitude and service, hoping to become a better person in the process. Wish me luck!

Are you giving up anything for Lent? 

R x

No comments:

Post a Comment